Cargills practices are open for Essential and Urgent eye care only.
URGENT or Emergency Care would include urgent clinical advice or intervention e.g. for red eye, contact lens discomfort, foreign object, sudden change in vision, flashes and floaters which might suggest detachment etc.
ESSENTIAL Eye Care would include appointments for patients who would not normally be considered to be emergencies, but where, in the practitioner’s professional judgement, a delay in an examination may be detrimental to a patient’s sight or wellbeing.
- Increased risk to patients with clinical risk factors due to the passage of time since their last examination
- Patients with vision problems including those with broken spectacles who are undertaking more vision-dependent tasks such as driving and working as the lockdown eases
- Patients who are anxious or concerned about their vision and this may be impacting their wellbeing
All patients will be considered on a case by case basis by the appropriate clinician, using remote triage in the first instance, to determine whether in their professional judgement the patient requires a face to face appointment.
Appointments are by prior booking only and we will have limited opening times for each practice as below.
Please contact us to arrange an appointment, if:
- your vision has suddenly changed or become blurry.
- you have a painful or red eye.
- you have been advised to attend this practice by NHS 111 or another healthcare professional for urgent eye care.
- you have broken or lost your glasses and need a replacement pair to function.
- you have a problem with your contact lenses.
Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.
For the latest Government advice please including how to self-isolate click here.