Many people now benefit from the use of contact lenses, they enjoy the freedom from glasses, are a great option for sports or just wearing them socially.
Contact lenses have advanced greatly in recent years offering correction for the majority of prescriptions, they are healthy for the eye and are comfortable to wear.
Cargills opticians have years of experience fitting a whole range of contact lens options, helping you learn how to insert and remove the lens and demonstrating how to care for your lenses. We can offer the latest lens materials, silicone hydrogel, for unsurpassed health and comfort for your eyes.
Being an independent opticians we have access to many contact lens products which ensures we can fit the best lens for you.
Contact Lens Options
- Myopia (Short Sighted)- Soft Daily & Monthly lenses. RGP (Hard) lenses. EyeDream overnight lenses. Children from 8 years old can also consider MiSight® 1 day Myopia Control daily disposable contact lenses.
- Hyperopia (Long Sighted)- Soft Daily & Monthly lenses. RGP (Hard) lenses.
- Astigmatism– Soft Daily & Monthly lenses. RGP (Hard) lenses.
- Presbyopia– Monovision in Soft and RGP (Hard) lenses, Multifocal in Soft and RGP (Hard) lenses.
- Presbyopia with Astigmatism– Monovision in Soft and RGP (Hard) lenses, Multifocal in Soft and RGP (Hard) lenses.
For a Contact Lens Assessment please contact your local practice.
If you are a regular Contact Lens wearer, our Contact Lens Care Scheme makes paying for your lenses and solutions cheaper and is FREE to join.
Myopia Control Daily Disposable Contact Lenses
Short Sightedness (Myopia) is becoming more common, now there is an option to try limit it’s progression. Click to find out more MiSight® 1 day, suitable from 8 years of age
EyeDream- Overnight Vision Correction
EyeDream is a vision correction therapy that provides clear, comfortable vision without the need to wear contact lenses during the day. No more restrictions on how long you wear your lenses, no more irritation in dry, smokey environments or at the end of a long day.
Very simply, EyeDream is a specially designed contact lens that reverses the power of the cornea, at the front of the eye during overnight wear. Once the full effect has taken place, the eye is effectively ‘normal’ and can see clearly during the day.
Please see our EyeDream page in the Specialist Services section.